Today’s tax laws are so complicated that unless your financial affairs are extremely simple, chances are you will benefit from at least occasional help from a tax professional. It is too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled if you prepare only one return a year. Even the use of computer software is no substitute for the assistance of a seasoned tax preparer.
We will prepare all your tax returns and serve as your advocate in all tax matters. We prepare hundreds of tax returns every year and we know what to look for when your return is prepared. If you are contacted by any government agency concerning your tax matters, your first call should be to us. We will take care of it so that you can get on with your business. More importantly, you will have someone to answer your questions during the rest of the year. Identify the tax-savers for which you qualify. Here’s a tax-cutting checklist to get you started. Check the list to see if there are tax breaks that you are overlooking.
- Roth IRA
- Rollover to Roth IRA
- Tax-deductible IRA
- Child tax credit
- Child care credit
- Earned income credit
- Lifetime gifts
- Education savings accounts
- Education expenses and credits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Donating appreciated assets instead of cash
- Qualifying property for personal residence gain exclusion
- Optimizing your filing status
- Shifting income or deductions from year to year
- Adoption expense credit
- Small business Health Care Credits
- Energy Efficiency credits
- Alternative vehicle fuel credit
Call us for a no-charge initial conference. For any questions regarding our individual tax services please contact Joe Banker, CPA.