Today’s tax laws are so complicated that unless your financial affairs are extremely simple, chances are you will benefit from at least occasional help from a tax professional. It is too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled if you prepare only one return a year. Even the use of computer software is no substitute for the assistance of a seasoned tax preparer.
We will prepare all your tax returns and serve as your advocate in all tax matters. We prepare hundreds of tax returns every year and we know what to look for when your return is prepared. If you are contacted by any government agency concerning your tax matters, your first call should be to us. We will take care of it so that you can get on with your business. More importantly, you will have someone to answer your questions during the rest of the year.
An integral part of your tax preparation is Tax Planning. We monitor the changes in the tax law that could affect you and recommend tax saving strategies. Whether you’re a wage earner, an investor, a business owner, or all three, you should use the tax-cutting benefits available in the tax law. There are several basic tax-cutting strategies, and most plans involve a combination of strategies. Some of the commonly used strategies are:
- Shifting income from one year to another in order to have it fall where it will be taxed at the lower rate.
- Shifting deductions from one year to another to place them where the tax benefit will be greater.
- Deferring tax liability through certain investment choices and through pension plan contributions.
- Structuring your affairs to obtain a tax deduction for some expenses paid for things you enjoy – a vacation home, for example
- Investing your money to produce income that is exempt from either federal or state income tax, or both.
Call us for a no-charge initial conference. We will discuss your financial and tax situation and determine how we can help you.